Skip to main content

The Scan Results, Etc.

Just so you all know, the scan came back with very positive results. Our doctor said it is right where she expected it to be and that it bodes well for the transplant. Wheeeeeeeee!





We are gearing up for the bone marrow transplant (hereafter referred to as BMT). It still isn't scheduled which is really pushing my patience. I like to have a plan of action and there just isn't one yet. I imagine it will go something like this: last chemo, 1 week recovery, 1 week shots, next week check in for BMT, Eric there for 3 weeks, I go up on weekends and stay at home weekdays for school. We're looking forward to chemo next week. Mostly because I love the Bistro at Huntsman Center (I highly recommend the roast beef and pepper jack panini)... oh yeah! And it's Eric's last chemotherapy session! No but really, let's look at the things we love about Huntsman:


1. the Bistro

2. the Infusion nurses- they are so much fun and they think we are hilarious, so of course we love them back!

3. the candy cart: Eric called it that but it's mostly chips, water, granola bars, etc... but all free and volunteers come around and offer it to you all day.

4. free valet parking. what a relief.

5. 80s music is on in the background at Infusion but so far only in the overflow room that we've noticed.

6. They are expanding the center so you get to feel EXPLOSIONS from the construction on occasion, and we watched once.

7. leaving to come back home!

Eric has been much more sick this past round, but they tried to warn us it'd get worse and worse. Maybe we didn't believe them...? Although he was not feeling very good, we had a good weekend with Eric's parents in town. Richie and Erin were also able to be here briefly, too briefly. It feels like the majority of the weekend was spent eating! I wish I had pictures to post but it was kind of laid back and I didn't end up taking any.

I also missed pictures for the other big event of the week because I wasn't home: the BYU Girl's Basketball team stopped by on Friday evening to give Eric some company and a signed basketball. I heard a rumor that they sang the fight song for him, too! And so, Eric's family must share the Visitor of the Week position with the BYU team because it was so nice of them to stop by! He also received a pink shirt from Jimmer Fredette and Terry Nashiff when the Cougars played the Utes in Men's Basketball. They visited him in the line outside the Marriott Center and made everyone else jealous. Coach Rose gave Eric a copy of the book The Healer's Art, which Rose read when he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this summer. Rose is an inspiration to many and we are so grateful for the BYU Athletic Dept.'s attention to their #1 Fan!!

Comments

  1. One of your best blog entries yet! Two thumbs WAY up...good, clean family fare! I want so bad for Eric to not be sick AND tired anymore, and although you probably can't imagine a 'normal' day at this point, it seems like there will be many of them in the near future! I wish I had your gift of writing, and I think you may have to introduce me to this Bistro....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he got a visit from the bball team! Awesome! Some perks to having cancer, I guess :) Besides the Bistro.

    FYI, we are visiting teaching companions now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I am glad you guys had some fun things this week to perk you up. I miss you both and love you so much. Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric and Holly,
    It was so good to see you and your family last weekend. We had such a great time at the temple and lunch. We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad they made it over!! I kept calling dad to make sure BYU was really going to get there. I hope it was fun. Thinking of you guys and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!!! We made the visitor of the week list!! I love getting awards! Thanks for sharing your couch, your food, and time with us. Best time? A wonderful sight in the temple of course, a family and some special friends. Love you always...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad there are some good things happening to :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I had a baby.

It's a boy. I actually came to blogger to write about something else, but then I realized I haven't announced that I did, in fact, birth my child, and he did, in fact, make it here, which I'm not making light of. It is a fact I repeat to myself often. He is here, we made it. I am his mother and Eric is his father. He is a person and he learns every day. While it is easy to see him for what he is most right now, which is CUTE , he is also mellow and funny and happy, observant and sometimes timid, and sometimes noisy, aware and eager to grow. It is an amazingly wonderful and spiritual thing and I'm grateful every day for my son and the opportunity to raise him each day. I have had too many close to home tragedies recently to take this for granted. My dear neighbor and friend lost her son at 4 years old, an unexplainable accident that took him home to Heavenly Father. Another, my sister's closest friend, lost her son at 39 weeks pregnant, his body born to his famil...

Just a little curious

 Does anyone else go back and read their own blog? Of course you do. It's a journal format. But I wonder if anyone goes and reads anyone else's blog still. I still read my parents' blogs, but even those have been several months. I haven't looked at my sisters' blogs in years, I don't know if I can remember the urls.  I logged in just to see if I could still get access so I'm leaving a little note to the world. It is so strange how the world changes. Personal blogs felt so permanent, but they weren't. They faded, and while it's still here, maybe no one else will ever read this again. Maybe an anthropologist digging through digital history trying to discover what the ancient world was... but doesn't it feel like all of this will be gone? And they'll be trying to learn more through my hairbrush and stanley cup?  But who am I to predict what will last and what will disappear? 

If I could change the world...

I can't be the only one that every time I read that phrase still hears that annoying song from Phenomenon by Eric Clapton. But, with a more sober tone, I am so saddened right now that to look at this topic and not think about mass shootings and police violence, and violence against police, is impossible. I've not been writing this post because I feel like it deserves more time and deep thought than I have been able to muster. But can't you feel it, from everywhere? Everyone is so tired, we are so tired of fighting, so tired of anger, of hate, of injustice, of intolerance. I look around and see most of us do want to get along, we want peace and safety, mercy and if not that at least justice. Every week now there are more, not just one but several killings, shootings, and if not shootings it's a truck, it's a bomb, it's something. Aren't we all just tired? What can we do? I know the solution we have is to be part of the change, be kind, be thoughtful...