Skip to main content

Slow Down!

Alright it's Eric here taking another stab at this blog thing. Life has been so busy these last few weeks I honestly can't keep track of the days sometimes. But it's good to be busy, makes us both feel useful and needed. There is a lot to get to so lets jump right in.

Since the new year Holly and I have been nonstop. I think it's really good for me. It has helped me out with dealing with my mom passing. But it's all going to be fine. I think about her all the time and still find myself picking up my phone to call her when I hear something about BYU or do well in school or want to get her opinion on a spiritual topic. But I think I am doing just fine with it all. Speaking of the Cougs, they have been getting a lot of love. Playing great ball and who is this Jimmer guy? I was talking to my buddy Brady about it the other day and told him I was little irritated with all these "new fans" that want to share in the love. "BACK OFF", I've been here from the beginning! No, it's fine it's good for the school and the program. I talk to my dad just about everyday about going to Vegas for the tourney. We are all fired up. Holly, me, Tom, Ben, Kara, Mikey, Melissa, Jeff, Hailey, Rosie, Josh and maybe more will be there and it will be a good time as always. BYU sports takes up a lot of my time but I love it. Speaking of which Holly and I will be on BYUtv trueblue tv show this Wed. at 6pm. They did a story on me because I beat cancer and Holly because she is hot.

Speaking of Cancer I have a scan this week, so everyone cross your fingers that it will be clean! I feel great so I'm not too worried about it. But honestly Cancer blows. Everytime I feel a little sick or something it's the first thing I think of, and I begin to feel my throat for lumps. I know I'm nuts but I guess that's what happens. Holly and I will think back to last year at this time, it was rough. But we had good family, friends and support. It's good to be active in school church and playing sports again. Not as good as I was but I have a great excuse ;).

So Holly has continued to work at AMP. They LOVE her there, why wouldnt they? Honestly though I know they are so glad they have her. She is so freakin smart. She gets the job done and they are really glad they have her. With her working so much she is also helping plan a wedding for Lisa and Hondo. Yup, they are getting married Feb. 25th here in Provo. I'm so happy for one reason: I don't miss the BYU SDSU game on Sat. and also because they are so happy together. So Holly has been crazy busy with that and work. I've been going to school but these last 10 days I have been working for Sundance for the film festival...

So a family friend calls and asks if Jeff and I would like to help transport people from the airport to park city during the film festival. We say great. They money is good, the hours are crazy and you may even meet some celebs. So now that it is over I have some time to write about it. I would work from about 6:00 am- 1:00am the next day. I would get home, walk to my bed, sleep until my alarm went off 4 hours later and do it again. Now I shouldn't complain besides being tired it was a sweet gig. I would drive people all day, hangout in park city (weather was great) and make bank doing it. The people that I met and drove....J.K. Simmons, he was the newspaper boss in Spiderman also in Thank You for Smoking. Cool guy. Sara Silvermen. Gross. Ethan Coen, he was my favorite to drive around. Very cool guy. Kerry Washington from the movie Ray or Saved the Last Dance. Not nice. Umm..oh Col Needham who is the founder of IMDB, he was rad. A few others that may be big time actors soon but not big enough yet to make the blog. I also had a dedicated 2 days. That means I am with them all day and when they are eating sleeping whatever I just sit in the parking lot and wait. The first I mentioned Col Needham, he was a lot of fun go with the flow type guy. The other I had Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Very cool to say but very stressful! She's a big deal, he's a big deal when they go places together they are a HUGE DEAL. I did great; they loved me and loved me more when they were wasted at 3:30 in the morning. I think my favorite part was me and Ashton in the front driving to get a Starbucks and him telling me to lose the 2 cars of paparazzi behind us. I did and it was sweet. When I was taking them back to there hotel I was at a red light. No one was around and I looked at Ashton and said..."Hey Kelso, what ya think?", he said do it man. HAHA fun times. there are more stories but I hate wrtiting so call me or come over and I will tell you. All in all a good experience.

Like I said things have been crazy. But Fun, let the good times roll!

Comments

  1. Hey Eric! Sounds like you guys are doing really well and had a pretty sweet gig hauling around celebs. lol... So how is Sara Silverman gross thats what I wanna know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to read a post written by you Eric. Mike and I can't wait for Vegas and can't wait to hear more about the Sundance. See you two soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your life! Good stuff! So excited for the tourney it will be good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John and I miss you guys tons! We so wished we were there living in Orem again so we could go to the games with ya. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from the Cruise

To accompany the last post. And Eric is the best for sending me the pics! Because they are great. It's just from the zip lining in Ensenada but it was so fun. Just off the ship in Ensenada. The whole group. Love being a part of this family! Getting geared up. Literally.  Don't be fooled. I was petrified at this point. This is Dave and Katie but it's the best showing of the first bridge. Eric about to cross the first bridge. I think this was the 3rd one. This was the easiest, I thought. Even though I look a little off balanced here. This is Katie. But this one was actually the hardest I thought, because you had to reach so high. My shoulder killed for like 4 days after this. Oh, and how about an actual zip line?! Doesn't look fast, but it was. It shows the distance really well, though. Eric had had enough and decided to take over the mic for the duration of the "tour"

If You Know Hospitals...

... then you might have suspected how much our plans would change this week. Yesterday Eric went in for the bone marrow biopsy and they decided to keep him overnight and do the PT Scan as well. This was a change of plans we welcomed, despite the fact that I had to stay home while he stayed up there. We are very grateful that they did both procedures yesterday, so that hopefully we will know everything by tomorrow (again, here I am, trying to make plans!). They only biopsied one hip, and the only part that hurt was the needle to numb him, "like a hundred bee stings" I believe he said. Then Peggy and Eric waited in the waiting room until they fixed the scan machine and he was admitted to a room: the exact same room as the one we stayed in over Thanksgiving, in fact. One of the nurses didn't even know he'd left! We have a few updates on the condition of his cancer. First, they have narrowed it down to two types of lymphoma: Hodgkin or PTCL. We are hoping it is Hodgkin, b...

Have you met my friend Bill?

Well, we knew it was coming, but we got all of these bills in the mail today! sigh. Eric has been doing decently well with the chemo. He has had a few symptoms: tired, strange tastes in his mouth, and a little nauseated at times. Not really much more than we have been used to the past few months. The other day we got a big surprise; one of his massive glands has shrunk to almost nothing in size! It is the first time we have seen something get better rather than worse in a long time. We are so happy! This week we had a lot of things happen. First, our heat really stopped working (it hadn't been very great for awhile), so we had to get that taken care of. It's been freezing in Provo as many of you know, but when we felt the heat pouring out of ceiling vents finally today it was like manna from heaven. Our dishwasher is also not working haha! Go figure. We are grateful for a good landlady that is quick to act when we call. A functioning dishwasher is on the way! We also got a new ...