Well, I, unlike my sisters, have not birthed a child yet. I know that will be my most proud moment some day in the future. For now I really have to dig deep and think about proud moments in my life.
It is difficult, because as I leaf through the proud moment rolodex in my mind, all the memories that pop out are when I was proud of someone else.
There are a million tiny moments when I was so proud of Eric for being the strongest, bravest person I know throughout his cancer experience.
I was awesomely proud of my sister Lisa when she birthed that sweet baby girl.
I am so proud of Jen and Stef for the brave way they face their daily adversity.
My little sister Kelli works full time and kicks serious A in all her classes at CMU constantly. She has multiple scholarships and I even made her send me her last report card so I could hang it on my fridge.
After truly mulling it over, I think most of my most proud moments do come from when Eric was sick. It's not that there is any one time. It was simply survival then, but I am proud now of the nights I was awake and changing his clothes for him because they were drenched from night sweats, I'm proud of myself for making it through dark nights in the hospital with no sleep and school the next morning.

Holly, I think that is amazing!! Seriously that is so hard and you did it with grace! You are an awesome example and can surely do hard things!! You rock!
ReplyDelete